Aspin is a 60sqm cottage in a renovated 18th-century bergerie in the picturesque Campan Valley, Pyrenees NP. It is one of 3 gîtes that make up Les Granges des Hautes-Pyrénées. It's perfect for sports lovers, with famous Tour de France cols, hiking, and skiing (20 min drive to La Mongie) on the doorstep. Also ideal for visiting charming market towns, thermal spas & those wanting a relaxing rural escape. Enjoy a private terrace, gas bbq, a shared lawn, a tranquil stream area, hammock & fire-pit.
This one-bedroom gîte is the perfect base for a couple of two friends. With the beds able to be configured as a super-king or two singles.
The traditional barn has thick stone walls and exudes Pyrenees mountain charm. Inside, it's a blend of french traditional and modern quality comforts, including a high-speed fibre internet connection.
Downstairs you'll find:
* A fridge, freezer, cooker, dishwasher, raclette equipment and a new quality bean to cup coffee machine in the kitchen. Some basic cooking supplies are supplied, such as oil, pepper, salt, spices, tea, coffee beans and milk.
* Dining table - for 2 people.
* Comfortable lounge with a couch and armchair surrounding a log burning fire. Perfect for cosying up around on a chilly night. Firewood is supplied free of charge.
* A wall-mounted new smart TV with Netflix.
* The bathroom has a rainfall shower/handheld combo outlet, sink and toilet. We provide ample fluffy quality towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap and toilet paper.
Upstairs you'll find:
* A generous bedroom, set up as a twin or super-king bedroom. Enjoy quality cotton bedding, mattress and topper for a restful night's sleep. A dresser, wardrobe stand, hairdryer, mirror, bedside cabinets and lights complete this room.
Note: A baby travel cot, bath, high chair and stair gate can be provided upon request.
* Enjoy eating breakfast/lunch in the morning/afternoon sun on the terrace at the front of the cottage. A bbq is also located here for your use.
* A picnic table and deck chairs are located in a higher area on the shared lawn in the garden. Here you have beautiful views of the neighbouring mountains (rising to 1600m+ altitude) to the side and behind the cottage.
* Alternatively, enjoy the tranquillity of the shared hammock/fire-pit area next to the stream, which runs alongside the property. It's the perfect place to enjoy a campfire in the evening and toast marshmallows while admiring the night sky.
* 1 bedroom cottage - Aspin
* Private terrace with outdoor dining furniture, parasol and a gas bbq.
* Large shared (with other Les Granges des Hautes-Pyrénées guests) garden with picnic table, sun loungers, hammock and fire-pit area.
* Inside a separate utility room there is a dedicated bike storage space (up to 6 bikes). Plus a washing machine, iron and ironing board for guest use.
* Parking space for up to 2 cars.
Other things to note:
Your hosts (Natasha and Kev) live in the barn next door. This faces a different direction from the cottages and is behind a row of trees. It has a separate garden, terrace and parking area.
During your stay, you may encounter our friendly cat Rasta as she likes to explore and say hello! We keep our dogs away from children and in our fenced garden.
A nice restaurant is located just 400m from the cottages. This is open during the tourist season.
Sainte Marie de Campan is the closest village. This is a 3-minute drive or 15/20 minute walk. Here you'll find a mini supermarket, bar, bakery, pizzeria and another local restaurant.
Wireless Broadband Internet
Parking and facilities
Parking available, Parking Included , Shared Garden
Children welcome, Pets not allowed , Smoking not allowed
Kitchen and dining
Gas BBQ, Children's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Oven, Refrigerator, Toaster , Vacuum cleaner
Mountain , Rural
Bathroom and laundry
Bathroom & Laundry, Bed linen, Hair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towel set , Washing machine
Heating and cooling
Fireplace , Heating available
Internet and office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit , Smoke Detector
Pets not allowed
Smoking not allowed
Check in: 04:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM
Natasha and Kev warmly welcome you to their cottages.
Having lived worldwide, they moved from the city to the mountains, starting in Chamonix, the French Alps.
Then after having visited the Pyrénées, they fell in love with this area - its remoteness and endless possibilities for adventure!
They now enjoy hosting guests in their cottages and running guided day trips and multi-day adventure trips with their partner company, Shed to Summit.