Arbizon is a large 3 bedroom gîte (180sqm) in a renovated 18th-century barn in the picturesque Campan Valley, Pyrenees National Park. It is the central gîte & one of 3 make up Les Granges des Hautes-Pyrénées. Its location makes it perfect for sports lovers with fantastic cycling (Tour de France cols) & hiking on the doorstep. Also, ideal for visiting nearby market towns, thermal spas & relaxing. Enjoy a sunny terrace, bbq, shared lawn & fire pit. Village 3 min drive & Bagnères-de-Bigorre 15 min.
This charming holiday rental is the perfect base for a family or group of friends and sleeps up to 6 adults in super-king or twin rooms.
Sitting on 8 acres of land in the rural Campan valley. The section comprises a large lawn, grazing fields, an impressive old walnut tree and a stream that runs down the side of the property. This all makes for a very tranquil, relaxing setting.
The traditional barn has thick stone walls and exudes Pyrenees mountain charm. Inside, it's a blend of french traditional and modern quality comforts, including a high-speed fibre internet connection.
Downstairs you'll find:
*A large open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area.
The generous seating area in the lounge is centralised around an efficient wood-burning log stove. It's the perfect place to 'cosy up' and enjoy reading a book, playing a board game or watching something on the large Smart TV with Netflix.
* Dining table seats 6 (can be extended to sit up to 12 people).
* Kitchen with a large gas oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, raclette & fondue equipment. Plus a new quality coffee to bean coffee machine. Some basic cooking supplies are supplied, such as oil, pepper, salt, spices, tea, coffee beans and milk.
Upstairs you'll find:
* 3 generous sized bedrooms, all capable of being twin singles or super-king bedrooms. The main bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, and the other two bedrooms share a bathroom.
* Enjoy quality cotton bedding, mattress and topper for a restful night's sleep. A dresser, wardrobe stand, hairdryer, mirror, bedside cabinets and lights complete this room.
* The bathrooms all have a rainfall shower/handheld combo outlet, sink and toilet. We provide ample fluffy quality towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap and toilet paper.
Note: A baby travel cot, bath, high chair and stair gate can be provided upon request.
* Enjoy eating breakfast/lunch in the morning/afternoon sun on the terrace at the front of the gîte. A gas bbq is located here for your use.
* A picnic table and deck chairs are located in a higher area on the shared lawn in the garden. Here you have beautiful views of the neighbouring mountains (rising to 1600m+ altitude) to the side and behind the cottages.
* Alternatively, enjoy the tranquillity of the shared hammock/fire-pit area next to the stream. It's the perfect place to enjoy a campfire in the evening and toast marshmallows while admiring the night sky.
* 3 bedroom cottage - Arbizon.
* Private terrace with outdoor dining furniture, parasol, sun loungers and a gas bbq.
* Large shared (with other Les Granges des Hautes-Pyrénées guests) garden with picnic table, sun loungers, hammock and fire-pit area.
* Inside a separate utility room there is a dedicated bike storage space (up to 6 bikes). Plus a washing machine, iron and ironing board for guest use.
* Parking for up to 4 cars.
Other things to note
Your hosts (Natasha and Kev) live in the barn next door. This faces a different direction from the cottages and is behind a row of trees. It has a separate garden, terrace and parking area.
During your stay, you may encounter our friendly cat Rasta as she likes to explore and say hello! We keep our dogs away from children and in our fenced garden.
A nice restaurant is located just 400m from the cottages. This is open during the tourist season.
Sainte Marie de Campan is the closest village. This is a 3-minute drive or 15/20 minute walk. Here you'll find a mini supermarket, bar, bakery, pizzeria and another local restaurant.
Wireless Broadband Internet
Parking and facilities
Parking available, Parking Included . Shared Garden
Children welcome, Pets not allowed . Smoking not allowed
Kitchen and dining
Gas BBQ, Child's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Oven, Refrigerator, Toaster . Vacuum cleaner
Mountain . Rural
Bathroom and laundry
Bed linen, Hair dryer, Essentials, Towel-set, Washbasin . Washing machine
Heating and cooling
Fireplace . Heating available
Internet and office
Wireless Broadband Internet
First aid kit . Smoke Detector
Pets not allowed
Smoking not allowed
Check in: 04:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM
Les Granges des Hautes-Pyrénées
268 Chemin d'Escaret
Saint Marie de Campan
Note: Google Maps may send you a different route to the following directions. Please ignore them, as you may end up on a road that doesn't exist!
We are located 15 minutes from Bagnères-de-Bigorre. If you are coming from this direction, exit Bagnères towards Col du Tourmalet/La Mongie. On your way, you will pass through a small village called Campan.
Continue for about five more minutes from here, and you will see a hotel on your right called Hôtel le Chalet (pay attention to the large signs).
Just IMMEDIATELY after this hotel is a small road called Chemin d'Escarret; you will see Gite Belle Vie (the old name of this place) signs at this intersection.
Turn onto this road and follow it for about 400m. It rises slowly and turns to the left. Be aware that it is a bit narrow in places.
You will then see another sign saying Gite Belle Vie and a long driveway that crosses a field. Follow this.
As you enter the property, you will cross a small stream. Please park in the spaces directly in front of the stream.
We will meet you here.
Natasha and Kev warmly welcome you to their cottages.
Having lived worldwide, they moved from the city to the mountains, starting in Chamonix, the French Alps.
Then after having visited the Pyrénées, they fell in love with this area - its remoteness and endless possibilities for adventure!
They now enjoy hosting guests in their cottages and running guided day trips and multi-day adventure trips with their partner company, Shed to Summit.